Thursday, February 28, 2008

SimplyChickens!

I raise Chickens... the feathered kind, not the other kind.... I like to think I am teaching my children to be of strong courage! LOL!

My chickens:
*are a great source of entertainment! They are FUNNY creatures!
*lay WONDERFUL eggs (well not now, they are on winter "break", but will start again soon)
*give me a reason to go outside! (I am always looking for a reason to be OUTSIDE!)
*my kids know where to find me if I am MIA..... mom is getting a sanity break out with the chickens!
*I sell my extra eggs... really helps pay for the feed
*helps me feel connected to my ancestors... I love history, live in a 1911 home and my Great, great grandparents were homesteaders.... kind of gives me a real life trip into history!

*We EAT Breakfast for supper every week!


It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have chickens, too, so I know exactly what you mean!! They're simply delightful! Gen

MamaHen said...

We have chickens too and I love to go out and just watch them. Sometimes I "have" to go check for eggs several times a day.
Wendy