Thursday, February 14, 2008

Choosing simplicity by walking in Forgiveness


Resentment and grudges use up a lot of time and energy in our lives. YUCK!!! I hate days wasted in bitterness.... never has done me any good! This week as I have focused on "Romance" this Valentines week guess what my husband has been doing every evening???? Sleeping!!! How dare he! By the time I have gotten the kids down (between 8-8:30) he has been asleep...... so much for "romance"! I have had two Choices:

*Frustration, anger, bitterness, self pity
*Forgiveness, understanding, grace, mercy

At first I could feel option 1 welling up inside.... then I CHOSE (made a direct decision to go against what I wanted to feel) to go with option 2. I really thought about things from his perspective and began to THANK God for all the wonderful things about my husband. I went from frustration to feeling very blessed... all because I CHOSE to follow forgiveness, understanding, grace and mercy. My husband works HARD (physically) as a custom ceramic tile installer. The past several weeks have been LONG.... he is exhausted!!! Sleep is what he needs right now.... Romance will wait for him to be rested up!!!! The weekend is coming!


It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

No comments: