I have been asked by www.becentsable.blogspot.com to join in their Tipster Tuesday! I had to really think.... I don't feel like I really do anything special.... I 'm just a good old fashioned country girl that wants to live my life with the same practical ways my Grandmother's lived..... hmmmm.... what is a tip I could pass on??? Since I am also the "Simple Family Supper" lady I am going to pass on a tip that is related to cooking. Spring is just around the corner (though as I write this it is currently snowing, again, with 4-8 inches expected....) My mind is dreaming of my garden, I am ready to get my shovel out and start working in the dirt!
Grow SOME of your OWN food!!!! Nothing compares to the freshness of something grown in your own yard and you can't beat the price.
Now, I can just hear you thinking that is fine for me, but you don't own 3 acres like I do....
Let me tell you, I don't have that big of a garden, but you would be surprised how much wonderful produce we grow.....
Use ANY space you have: Container Gardens are wonderful!!!! Or, sneak some vegetable plants in with your flowers!
- Tomato plants will easily grow in a 5 gallon bucket as long as they can get at least 8 hours of sun.
- Stick a Zucchini plant in with some flowers.
- Grow a salad in a container. (Salad greens don't need very much sun... a few hours will do)
- Pot up a pepper plant with some flowers.
- Be creative: Even apartment dwellers can grow one or two things!!
Do you garden??? What are your plans???
Have a great day!
It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com