Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Works for me Wednesday....Special Plate

*You are SPECIAL today*
As part of works for me wednesday!
I read about this in an Emily Barnes book about 6 years ago. I thought the idea of allowing the "special" person to use this plate on "special" days to be a wonderful family tradition. God is so good because not a couple of weeks later I found this plate at a YARD SALE!!! Yeah!

We have used it ever since to celebrate birthday's, big events, special days etc. If I ever forget my children remind me! It is a BIG deal to use the special plate. We keep it special... each member of the family gets to eat off of it about 3-4 times a year. We also will honor special quests by allowing them to eat off of the "special" plate.
Building memories and encouragement is what it is all about. For some reason, food just tastes better on the special plate!!
Have a great day!
Heather

Make every day special by serving simple, easy to prepare meals.
Visit me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

3 comments:

Britni said...

I used to celebrate my birthday with my best friend's family while at college, and they had a red You Are Special plate I got to use. I loved it, and have always wanted to pick up one of my own for when I have kids.

tammi said...

That's a cool idea! I'll have to be on the look-out for one of those!

Casdok said...

What a lovely idea.