Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Works for me Wednesday, Chickens!


Chickens = Eggs.... most of the time!!!
My chickens went on "vacation" over the winter, but they have started laying again!!! YEAH, nothing beats fresh eggs! Today I gathered 7 eggs and with today's egg prices even paying feed for my girls doesn't seem so bad. Have you ever had a fresh farm egg?? They yokes are ORANGE, not yellow!!!

How to tell if eggs are "good": Ever wonder if the eggs in your fridge are still good? Put the egg in a large bowl of COLD water... if it floats, throw it out (carefully!) !! In 4+ years of raising chickens I have only had 1 egg float, but I check faithfully. The same will work for "store" eggs!


It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi. I just hopped over from Rocks in my Dryer. I have chickens, too. But only 2. I live in the heart of a very large city, but my dream is to live on acreage. I'm working towards that simplicity.

ttelroc said...

I go to the farmers market to get eggs - they are so good! Great tip on how to tell if the eggs are good or not.

Have A Great Day!
Kristin