Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I am participating in Spring Clean 2008 as hosted by The Homespun Heart.
For me, it is a little early to be doing "spring cleaning" because we literally have to do the historical cleaning.... we burn wood to heat our home. If you have ever been around wood heat you know how DIRTY it is. Between the bark and stuff that comes in when carrying in the wood and the ash and smoke that escapes the stove we have a constantly dirty floor and DUST everywhere! I almost didn't sign up to participate since we will still be heating for the next 1-2 months. However, as soon as the wood is done the farmers will be in the fields that surround our home so there really isn't a good time for "spring cleaning"! I might as well jump in with the rest of you!!!!

Today I
  • Dusted down the walls and got rid of cobbwebs and tons of DUST in the entire down stairs (living room, dining room, family room, master and our only bathroom).
  • Mopped the living room and dining room hardwood with a strong vinegar wash.
  • Moped the kitchen and bathroom.
  • After the mopping had dried I applied 3 coats of this AMAZING product to the hardwood! I do believe I have a new floor.... it does work as good as the pictures. I took some pics.... I will try to get them up, but for now here are the pics they have on their web site. I have been using this product for 4 years.... it really is wonderful. I had gotten behind on this.. I generally apply it every 6 months, but it has been a year. I was able to buy it for buy1/get one at walgreens a couple of weeks ago.



It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

4 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great job - your floors look amazing!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Good job:) I'm going to have to try that floor product!!!

Wow wood burning heat.... I'm sure it's messy but it probably smells great. I'd never be able to do that though....my bronchitis would be CRAZY!:)

Have a blessed day!

Paige said...

I burn wood too, you can see the stove in my pics from todays cleaning. I figure I'll clean that fireplace wall again once the cold is gone, but it was still good to get what had built up, cleaned up.
p~

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Congratulations! I just joined the Spring Clean challenge too. We are a wood burning family, too. I understand about the little twigs & bark that just end up in the weirdest places! LOL

Best wishes,
Lea