How to be both Hospitable and Frugal:
- Make big batches of food. If I am taking a meal to someone I will just make double of what I am making for our family. If you are having quests over just make double to serve.
- Stock up on loss leaders so that you have a supply in your pantry to prepare from.
- If you don't want to make a complete meal a loaf of home made bread is a BIG treat for most people. Also, dropping of a desert always shows love. You can also invite friends over for desert and cards... this is one of our winter time favorites.
- Never turn down help. If you invite friends over and they ask what they can bring have them bring a side or a desert. I NEVER mind taking something when we are invited and it really helps cut down on cost.
- Keep the meals simple. Use the frugal recipes you use with your own family.
- Give a gift from your garden. I don't know of anyone that will turn down fresh produce... unless they have a garden in full swing!
- Give a gift from you pantry.... Do you can? Do you freeze? A homemade loaf of bread and homemade jam is a real treat!
- Remember it is the HEART and ATTITUDE that God looks at!!!! A gift in love is what God desires.... He calls us to be cheerful givers. Don't give out of DUTY!
Have a Blessed Day,
Be a blessing!