Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tipster Tuesday! Efficient cooking!

Efficient Cooking!
Tipster Tuesday as hosted by BeCentsable:
I believe in "Efficient Cooking" (as I call it on my Simple Family Supper website). Efficient cooking saves me a ton of time and $$. I brown LARGE quantities of ground meat (usually venison in our family since my hubby is a deer hunter) and then freeze it in meal size quantities. It makes for FAST track cooking to make any meal that calls for browned ground meat!!!

  1. Brown the meat in a large pan
  2. Drain it (I put it in a large strainer) and allow it to cool.
  3. Package it in high quality freezer bags, label and freeze!
  4. When ready to use, just quickly defrost in microwave




















It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

1 comment:

Chrysanthemama said...

I do the same thing, but add onion and green pepper as well. This saves me time when making chili, spaghetti sauce, etc.