Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Works for me Wednesday, SECRET WEAPON!




Choosing Simplicity is a HUGE ambition for me! It is sometimes hard to feel like life is SIMPLE when I have a thousand things to get done and it all seems to need doing NOW! In this time, more than ever I need to be focused and organized. This helps me choose simplicity because I know what to do in what order so I don't forget something important and go into panic mode. For me on crazy days it is a goal to NOT go into panic.... stay focused, one task at a time. I also try to practice the "What can I do now to help me later?"

Secret Weapon: CROCK POT!!!!
Today I am using it to make supper now, so that later I won't have to worry about supper as we get through homework/chores and prepare for AWANA's tonight. Simple food in my secret weapon:

BBQ Chicken in Crock Pot
6 Chicken breast halves in crock pot
Pour a bottle of BBQ sauce on top
Cook all day on low, serve with rice (or mac and cheese), steamed veggies (microwave) and salad (bagged).

I also use a planning sheet to organize my mornings/afternoons/evenings. I can designate things I need to do in different time periods.... It helps me stay focused and see that I CAN get it all done!!!

Choosing Simplicity also means that I need to RELY on CHRIST! He gives me the strength, wisdom and ability to get everything accomplished!!!!!!!

Visit Simple Family Supper to take the stress out of the dinner hour. Give the sample menu a try!
www.simplefamilysupper.com

5 comments:

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

I am ALL about simplicity. Thanks for the reminder and the dinner idea.

Marva said...

Thanks for the reminder Heather. The recipe sounds yummy too! Blessings!!!

Niki Jolene said...

I love my crockpot..great post!

Come check me out!

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

Yummy! I do this with boneless country style ribs, too!

Amy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my slow cooker! I wouldn't be half as good in the kitchen without it :)