Saturday, May 31, 2008

No Complaining!

Complaining... America's pastime.... Is it mine?? Well, I have always felt I wasn't a huge complainer, but am I??? I guess the next two weeks will be revealing. I am joining up with Kristy and going on a 14 day NO COMPLAINING challenge!!!

I'm sure I will goof up a time or two (thanks for grace), but I am really, really, really going to try HARD to NOT COMPLAIN!!! I have heard experts say you can't quit a bad habit, you have to start a good one. Replacing a complaint with a positive will be my focus. Sometimes a positive will be me just not saying anything, while other times it will be pointing out the good in a situation. I also know that kids NEED to hear us saying GOOD things about their behavior. A little more positive attention could go a LONG way on some days!

Anyone up for joining me on this 14 day NO COMPLAINING challenge??

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!!!
Heather


Don't complain about supper!!!
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

2 comments:

Little Natural Cottage said...

Thanks for joining in! Like you mentioned, it helps to break a bad habit (complaining) by replacing it with a good one (focusing on the positive).

Blessings!

~Kristy @ Homemaker's Cottage

tammi said...

I think that's a great challenge ~ not sure I'm up to it though! I might try it without officially saying I am. Then I don't have to feel like a total failure, haha!

We are certainly a generation of whiners and complainers though, that's for sure. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that my kids are like that! I'm pretty sure I don't use the same annoying, nasal tone of voice they do, but I know it's there!