Thursday, May 8, 2008

Choosing Spiritual Growth....

Wednesday evenings I participate in a woman's group at church that is using a Focus on the Family Bible study for Women called "Experiencing Spiritual Growth". I actually did this study last fall with the "mom's group" that meets at my house every week. It is a wonderful study and it is even better the second time around!

Last night was a wonderful group.... We were going over chapter 3 "Experiencing PEACE Simplicity and Solitude". In this modern world this is not easy!
My Blog address is "Choosing Simplicity"... it is a major life focus of mine. God has been working in my life the last couple of years... peeling back layer after layer of chaos, stress and business. He is working hard to shed the "world" off of me. I learned on the "intake fast" I did a week ago that there is much more to strip off! I am "intaking" too much of the world via radio, interned, tv, magazines and books..... He wants me to get the junk out so I have more brain space for him! LOL!!!

God gave us a free will, therefore life is a series of choices that we make. CHOOSING simplicity is just that.... a CHOICE! The world isn't going to make this choice for you and it isn't going to make it easy to walk it out. We CAN live it out through the power and strength God gives us. He will give us the wisdom we need to make choices and decisions in our life! Just ASK! The world SCREAMS that we need MORE, MORE, MORE!!!! God's way is simple, God's way is PEACE! As FlyLady always reminds us... Less is More!

One really great observation from last night's meeting was when a woman shared about some downsizing they are currently doing in their life. "Why? Why do we work so hard for all this "stuff"? In the end what is the point???"

OK>.... now that I have written a BOOK I am going to sign off!
Today I am CHOOSING simplicity by keeping focus on doing things that really matter and I am going to spend time PLAYING with each of my children! I have a lot to do today, but I can keep my spirit at Peace by CHOOSING to keep it lined up with God.

Have a blessed day!
Heather

Keep supper simple!!!! www.simplefamilysupper.com

1 comment:

tammi said...

Your blog is a wonderful source of encouragement and a great resource for those of us who want a simpler life, but aren't sure where to start. It IS a choice and I'm always up for new ideas for better choices.