Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm on a food kick!

As you all know.... I enjoy cooking... I also enjoy eating! Last night we had our first batch of fresh, locally grown, sweet corn for supper!! YUMMY, melt in your mouth! Prices have gone up from last year...$4.25 for a farmer's dozen (14 ears). I am thinking we should grow and sell sweet corn next year... hmmm this has me thinking! Any of my readers do this?? I am open for suggestions.

I wanted to pass on a GREAT article from Making Home about a *RICE* diet... with a twist!
Check it out and let me know what you think!!!!!!! I have always loved rice, but this article made me think about *RICE* in a whole new way!!!!!

Also wanted to pass along another interesting link: calculate the number of calories you need in order to loose weight by certain dates... you just fill in some simple answers and it gives you a calorie count.... it was actually encouraging! I don't *need* to loose weight.. my BMI is fine... I would really like to tone up and loose about 15 pounds. This would get me back to my favorite weight... my skinny weight, not my being a mom weight. We eat healthy... at meals. What gets me is all my eating in between!

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com

1 comment:

tammi said...

Ohhhh, I'm a little bit jealous that you're eating fresh corn on the cob already. Ours won't be ready for another month yet. And then, since ALL of it will be ready at the same time, we can only eat fresh for about three weeks before we have to harvest it all and preserve it. Man, I wish our growing season was longer!!