Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tour Tuesday

Tour Tuesday!
I'm a little late getting it up...I 'm sorry! I was up LATE last night making strawberry jam (more on that later) and I crashed in bed when I was done!

Tour Tuesday is a chance to exercise my God given nosiness! Go here to see the last addition of Tour Tuesday. I have always loved to see how others live, what their homes are like, what their gardens are like, what their barns, etc.........
I enjoy giving you a glimpse into my life and I love getting peeks into yours! So, here is this weeks tour... join in with your own... follow directions at end of post!

Here is my **NEW** (to me) car! It gets a TON better gas mileage than my suburban. I had been exclusively driving the gas hog for a couple of months and NEEDED to replace my van. God is soooo good. This was a GOD find! It is a 1993 Ford Taurus with only 74,ooo miles on it! It is in fantastic shape... just needs new back brakes. It has never been owned by a family with kids... I made sure to take pics of the inside, it will never be the same again! LOL! We were blessed to find this deal...$900 cash! NO CAR PAYMENT! Our goal is to be DEBT FREE! We haven't had a car payment in almost 2 years!

Summer is officially here.... at least according to me! Summer is officially here because my hubby put in the screen doors. This is the front door. I just love letting in the fresh air.















Now here is the back door with the screen in it! I just love the view.....


















We get really great cross ventilation in our 1911 home... we haven't used the air yet, and don't plan to for a long time. We count the days we run the air and really try to keep them to a minimum. These old homes were designed to stay cool. We also have GREAT shade trees all around that really help keep the hot sun out. In fact I have my SHADE loving plants planted on the WEST side of our house because the trees have it COMPLETELY shaded.

This picture of my bathroom window always brings back fond memories of my childhood. I spent a lot of time at my Dad's parents house.... Grandma had this style of white curtains in her bathroom. The breeze would blow in just like this! It is fun to have things in my home that evoke great memories from my childhood.... it makes me wonder what things my kids will remember!



If washing your hair in rain water makes it extra soft... will having your clothes rinsed in rain water do the same for them???? This rain shower came out of nowhere! The kids were out in the pasture and by the time they got in they were soaked! My poor clothes... I'm sure that they were dry!






Well, this brings us to the end of my tour... I am looking forward to yours. Just post a tour of some part of your life on your blog and then put a link on Mr. Linky. I would just appreciate you including a link back to here on your post.




Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

Summer is here! Don't stress about supper!
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com
Join the FREE Simple Family Supper Yahoo group!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the tour. One of these days I'll try to do one here.

P.S. Tag! Just visit my blog for the details if you want to participate.

Hope you have a great day!

Deborah said...

Hello! The things I do for a blog post! We're staying at the Holiday Inn in Winnipeg and I had to find this computer so that I could add my link for Tour Tuesday...but I don't have my glasses and the screen is a blur, so I'll have to come back later to see your tour!

okay...the code is a blur too...try again...
o,,,and I'm not signed in...

Country Girl said...

Very exciting to have no car payments and cannot remember the last time I had one. I bought a mini-van a few months back real cheap and I paid cash, awesome feeling!! We have a small Subaru for traveling, the mini-van for the family and I too have a suburban but we only use for hauling the trailer for lumber and/or shavings and to haul our boat. My goal is to be debt free in a few years except our mortgage. Then I will focus on paying off the farm.
Have a nice week and thanks for inviting me to Tour Tuesday. ~Kim

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am new to your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I love your tours. What a great blessing the car is. Praise the Lord. I love the view from your doors and the doors. The curtains blowing in the breeze, so precious.
How did you make out with the soaked laundry?
I have posted some pictures of our home on my blog. I hope you can come and visit some time.

Deborah said...

I'm back! Great deal on the car! We are hunting for a 'new' vehicle too. Right now we have a van, and since we are no longer fostering, my husband wants to downsize to something with better gas mileage. I liked your tour...we need to get some screen doors this year!

Deborah said...

Just a thought...have you considered advertising your Tour Tuesday on the Christian Women Online...they have a spot where you can submit a link. I'd love to see your tour list grow!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Thank you for that lovely tour! I just love gleaning from the creativity of others too. I love, love, love that screen door. Its perfect!

Blessings,
Lea

Abbi said...

I definetely think that rain water helps soften the clothes! :-) Or at least we can hope! I have heard that somepeople rewash them but my mom always said they were just getting another rinse.