Today I have one of our favorites cooking away in the crock pot. All I will have to do for supper is toss a salad, set the table (well the kids will do this) and pour our milk.
Here is the recipe that I have cooking: (It is on the sample menu for Simple Family Supper):
Sneaky Beef and Bean Enchiladas
***Crock Pot or Oven*** 6 servings
They are sneaky because no one will know there are beans in this dish! Kids won’t complain!
1 pound ground beef or turkey (I am married to a hunter so I use ground venison)
2 cans Mexican style chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes (can use diced tomatoes with chilies if you like more spice)
1 package soft tortilla shells
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Crock Pot directions:
1) Brown the meat in skillet cooking on medium heat and stirring often. Drain the meat from the grease.
2) Pour beans, one can at a time (un-drained), and tomatoes into blender. Blend on high till completely liquid. Add to meat. The beans add fiber and protein and no one will know!
3) Mix together beans and meat. Set aside.
4) Cut tortilla shells into strips (about 1 inch by 3 inches, but don’t have to exact)
5) In bottom of crock pot pour in ¾ cup of meat and bean mixture and then add a layer of sliced tortilla shells. Add more meat and bean Mixture, sprinkle on some cheese and another layer of tortillas. Repeat till all remaining ingredients are added finishing up with meat/bean mixture and sprinkle cheese on top.
6) Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours or on high 1 ½ - 3 hours.
1) Steps 1-5 are the same except layer ingredients into a baking dish.
2) Bake at 350 degrees (uncovered) for 30 minutes or until bubbly
Side suggestions: Low fat sour cream, bagged salad, baby carrots
Give this recipe a try sometime!
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
It is 5 o'clock.... What is for supper???
To end this daily stress join me at www.simplefamilysupper.com
Join the FREE Simple Family Supper Yahoo group today!