Monday, June 2, 2008

Choosing Simplicity... Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

My sister's kids are staying with us all this week. They are going to VBS with my kids. Since my sister, Melissa, and her husband came to drop off the kids we made a cook-out time of it! We had a BLAST!!!! Melissa brought water balloons that turned into an all out water fight, we ate GREAT food, played baseball and made s'mores at the campfire. It was a wonderful night!

I like to keep things SIMPLE! One way I do that is to use my crock pots for as many things as possible. Last night for desert we had a crock pot Hot Fudge Sundae Cake. The cake rises to the top during cooking and this incredible fudge sauce is on the bottom. Melissa brought vanilla ice cream to go with it. Let me just say that we had kids BEGGING for more! (well, I will admit, even the adults wanted seconds! Next time I am going to try a double batch.)

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBL oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

2 cups BOILING water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa

cooking spray

Directions:
1) Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
2) Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add
the milk, oil and vanilla. Stir well.
3) Spread batter (will be thick) in the bottom of grease crock pot.
4) whisk together the boiling water, brown sugar and cocoa. Pour over
the batter in crock pot.
5) Cover, cook on HIGH 2-21/2 hours. uncover and allow to cool 30+
minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.... ENJOY!! Stove left
overs in the fridge. (not that we ever have any!)

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!

Heather

www.simplefamilysupper.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! You can't have too much chocolate! :-) Gen-IL Homesteader

tammi said...

I LOVE this stuff!!! I never knew you could do it in the crockpot though ~ very cool!

Country Girl said...

I'll have to try this. It sounds like a good recipe. Thanks for sharing! ~Kim