Tuesday, October 20, 2009

EASY Chicken Pot Pie ... Fast Track!

Efficient Cooking: Life is busy! I have utilized what I call “Efficient Cooking” to save my sanity! I will do extra of something one night so that another night I don’t have to do it. For instance, the biggest way to utilize “Efficient Cooking” is when preparing meats. Browning hamburger is time consuming and messy. My solution is to brown a lot of hamburger one night and then freeze it in meal size quantities in freezer bags to use later. I can throw tacos on the table in no time using meat that is already browned from the freezer!

Fast Track Cooking: This is when I use what I prepared during “Efficient Cooking”. “Fast Track” cooking saves me tons of time and I can get supper on the table extra fast! Yeah!! Simply using what I prepared earlier to save me time now. I plan on using these meals on nights I need to get food on the table with even less cooking time.



EASY Chicken Pot Pie

Oven

Ingredients:

Fast Track shredded chicken (or 2 cups cooked chicken)

1 (16 oz) bag frozen mixed veggies or soup veggies that have potatoes in them, thawed and drained

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup all purpose baking mix

1 tsp onion powder

½ cup milk

1 egg

1 cup shredded cheese (optional)

Directions:

1) Thaw fast track chicken

2) Place frozen veggies in microwave safe bowl with some water and cook till defrosted and warm (but do not have to be completely cooked). DRAIN.

3) Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 2 qt baking dish with non stick cooking spray.

4) Mix together the chicken, veggies and soup and pour into baking dish. Sprinkle on shredded cheese (optional)

5) Whisk together the remaining ingredients till smooth. Pour over chicken mixture.

6) Bake about 30 minutes till crust is golden brown.

Side Suggestions: salad, steamed veggies



Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, what is "all purpose baking mix"? I'm Aussie so not sure what our equivalent would be?

More than Survival said...

'all purpose baking mix' is brand name 'bisquick' biscuit/pancake/ all purpose mix here in the states. I have a recipe to make your own so I will try to get that posted tomorrow.