Friday, October 16, 2009

Choosing Simplicity... Choosing to SMILE!

So much of life is out of our control.

It is so easy to blame a sour disposition on all the challenges we face.

However, CHOOSING to smile really does make the world a better place!!! I can DECIDE to put that smile on and ACT cheerfully even though inside I want to scowl..... I have the power to CHOOSE!!

So often we say we can't change the way we feel... but we can CHANGE the way we THINK and we can CHANGE the way we ACT. An amazing thing happens when we do this... our feelings often change, too!! Feelings are so fickle and yet we listen to them like they are all knowing!

Smiles and scowls are both contagious.... which one would I rather spread... which one would I rather catch??

Today I am CHOOSING simplicity... I am CHOOSING to SMILE!!!! I am TELLING myself how to think and how to act... my feelings will get lined up.

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

2 comments:

tammi said...

"Feelings are so fickle and yet we listen to them like they are all knowing!"

You hit the nail right on the head there with that one. SO TRUE! And so senseless. It's terribly hard somedays to choose joy and gratitude, but it really is amazing how the mood can change when one puts in a concentrated effort!!

On Purpose said...

Choosing also!