Friday, January 16, 2009

Organization for the NOT Born Organized!

Born Organized??? Not me!! (That award goes to my sisters!) However, I know I am not alone... Flylady helps so many of us! I have learned so much from her over the past five years and our home shows it.

For frugal Fridays I am going to share some of my favorite "organizing" tools I have put into action in our home. I use an empty tissue box to hold plastic store bags. I keep this box of bags under the bathroom sink and every morning after I "swish and swipe" the bathroom I empty the bathroom trash can and replace the bag! Simple, Organized, and Frugal!

Do you have a favorite frugal organizing tip to share?? I am always looking for helpful hints! For other frugal tips visit Biblical Womanhood.

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a smart idea! I am definitely going to have to do this.

Anonymous said...

FlyLady changed my life too...about 6 years ago. I since stopped the emails...it just got to be too much. But I think I need a refresher! I'm also going to make that control journal I never did do. Do you use one?

Mom2fur said...

I have so many favorite organizing tips, but here's one: FIFO. Remember that, like the giant who said "Fee-FI-FO-fum." It means: Full In, Full Out. You never walk in or out of a room, or up and down a flight of stairs, without something in your hands. 'Cause you know that, in every room, there are things that don't belong! Carry a dish from the living room into the kitchen, carry your car keys from the kitchen back to the place where you were supposed to hang them (but your arms were full when you entered the house). If I'm going down to get something out of the garage freezer, I grab a handful of laundry to take down, too. It's just a little step, but little steps add up!