How do you take life's lemons and make lemonade?? It is at these times that our true selves shine through. Our paster used to say: "When life squeezes you with hard times you will know what is really in you... it will come out in how we respond and react." Sometimes it isn't so pretty to see the yuck that we work so hard to hide! The key is to not stay down, but to rise up and stand in FAITH! With God all things are possible!!!!! God has a plan and a purpose... He will use every situation/circumstance for HIS good! Sometimes some of the greatest blessings and victories come out of our biggest times of stress and challenge! God will NEVER leave us or forsake us!!!!
Making Lemonade requires a VICTORY mindset!!! Go into the battle determined to WIN! Don't let a negative attitude destroy you!!! Life's challenges aren't fun, but they don't have to destroy you!!! God will give you everything you need (grace, wisdom, understanding, creativity, patience, peace, joy, ingenuity, determination)... ASK Him for it, TRUST Him and STAND in FAITH that He is who He says He is!!!!!!!!! Giving up stink'in thinking and thinking VICTORIOUSLY will take you far!!!!!!!!!
So, how am I applying this in my own life???
- Well, I HATE the cold, so rather than let winter get me down (especially the gruesome cold days) I am going to focus on making memories with my children inside (next to the warm wood stove). I will have more time to read (since I won't be on the computer... it is in the COLDEST part of the house), and I will get caught up on housework since for the next few days I won't be going anywhere! I can always warm up by exercising!
- Since finances are extra tight I will practice and expand my "pioneer" mindset and skills! I have always said that I would have loved being a pioneer... really?? Now I can put it to test!!! Learn, grow, develop new skills to serve and bless my family.
- Look for opportunities to help others... nothing helps with contentment issues like helping others less fortunate!
- Learn knew skills of all kinds, look outside the box, be creative!!!! Don't give up!!!!
- Practice DELIBERATE thankfulness!!!! "Count your many blessings name them one by one"!!! I have SO much to be thankful for.... my "lemons" could be much more "sour"!
Stew is on the wood stove simmering for supper..... I had some leftover BBQ pork from the weekend, so I put that in my big soup pot, added broth I made when I cooked the roast, mixed in some brown rice, split peas, barley, shredded potatoes and spices.... That is what I call a "pioneer" supper! I am going to make up a batch of my favorite bread and will serve the rest of the pumpkin bars I made last night. Being resourceful and creative are my favorite parts of "making lemonade"! Having fun with it and keeping the right attitude make life so much better!!!
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!