Highlights of the past few days:
- My sister and her family came for the weekend and we butchered our second pig! It was a smooth process.
- We have carried in a TON of wood and stayed busy watching the fire to keep it's warmth flowing throughout the house (the furnace has not ran in a LONG time)
- We enjoyed home canned applesauce, jam and peaches
- We ate SAUSAGE we made ourselves
- Replaced the heat lamp in the chicken coop and did the usual chicken chores
- Used the hose and then put it back in the basement (to keep it un-froze)
- Scraped ICE off of windshields (no garage to park in)
- Based our trips to town (20 mile drive to the big town) on wind chill factors... don't want to be out on the road when the wind chill is below zero... just call me a wimp, but I would rather be home by the wood stove)
- Decided that I don't care if the overalls stay piled up by the back door for a while... they are being used EVERY day!
- ENJOYING the un-obstructed views out my windows! AH, country life!!!
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!