Monday, January 3, 2011

An EASY, yummy and budget friendly favorite meal in our house

Today for lunch (the kids are home for one last day of Christmas break) I made one of our favorite easy meals. My kids (not my husband) love brown rice so this is a meal I always make with brown rice when it is just the kids and I and make it with white when my husband will be eating it, too.

Anyway, it is easy, yummy and very budget friendly. It can also be modified in a hundred ways. Here is how I made it today:

"Sneaky style" beans and rice
Ingredients
  • 5 cups cooked seasoned rice (When I cook the rice in my rice cooker I add some cumin, turmeric, onion powder, garlic and salt)
  • 1 can chili beans blended till smooth... this is what makes it "sneaky".... no one feels like they are eating beans
  • 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
  • 2 cups shredded cheese
Directions:
Cook the rice. When rice is cooked simply stir together the rice, blended beans and tomato sauce. Spread in a baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and either bake in oven till warm or use microwave.

EASY, YUMMY!! ENJOY!!



Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!HeatherWhat is for supper?? Eliminate this daily stress from your life! http://www.simplefamilysupper.com

No comments: