Thursday, January 20, 2011

This is the day......

To enjoy each moment.... because this is my life!! Instead of making a list of new years resolutions this year I did what many others are doing.... prayed for one word to focus my efforts on. The word that God gave me was CONNECT. Connect with God, my husband, my children, my friends. I am a type A personality... I love accomplishing things, doing things, making things. I too often have pushed aside moments of connecting with the people I love in order to check the next thing off my list. CHOOSING SIMPLICITY means saying NO to some doing and YES to some people. It requires a re-evaluation of my 'to do' list. God never fails.... when I choose to connect with Him first all the other 'connecting' is much easier.

TODAY is my life. As my family prays for Joanne Heim and her family we realize in a fresh way how uncertain our time is. Celebrating today by CONNECTING with my loved ones is my focus for the year. Focusing on what matters most..... and I can tell you that I am learning that it is not a neatly checked off "to do" list. I will also admit there have been many things that have revealed my selfish heart. It is often easier to retreat to the laundry than give a loved one what they need. How sad is that. I have found that I base my worth far too much on my ability to accomplish things rather than resting in the grace of God. I am learning, I am growing. "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord."

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!!!! It is with a joyful heart that I anticipate CONNECTING with others today!! :)


Have a BLESSED day,
BE a BLESSING!
Heather
What is for supper?? Eliminate this daily stress from your life! http://www.simplefamilysupper.com

1 comment:

tammi said...

Oh my goodness, I had not heard about Joanne's stroke! I used to read her blog fairly regularly, but haven't for quite some time. I'm struck by the suddenness with which life can change ~ from her light-hearted post about building a fire to warm the house and setting off her fire alarm to "as most of you already know Joanne suffered a major stroke this morning" the very next day.

The first thing that hit me when I got to her site was her age ~ exactly the same as mine.

That kinda puts all our trucking problems in perspective. Yes, it's getting to be an oppressive financial burden, but the LIVES of my husband and daughters are so much more valuable than money!