Here is my recipe. It is in the Money Wise Simple Family Supper menu plan kit. Enjoy!
Kids will love it CHILI
**Efficient Cooking: Brown up extra meat and Freeze
Crock Pot or Stove Top
1 pound browned ground meat
2 cans chili beans (use re-fried beans if you don’t have a blender)
1 can water
1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice or V-8 (here is another way to sneak in veggies)
1-2 tsp onion powder
½-1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Pasta of your choice (optional)
Crock Pot Directions:
1) Brown meat
2) Blend beans and 1 can of water in blender till smooth. Kids will love this chili because they won’t know that it has fiber and protein rich beans in it. The blending also reduces “bean affect”!!! If you don’t have a blender you can use refried beans instead.
3) Place all ingredients (except pasta) in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 3-5 hours.
4) During last 45 minutes add pasta and cover and cook till pasta is tender.
Stove Top Directions:
1) Same as above
2) Place all ingredients (except pasta) in soup kettle. Cover and bring to boil on medium/low heat.
3) Once the chili has come to a boil add optional pasta. Simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Side Suggestions: Salad and cornbread. (cornbread mix is EASY, just follow directions on side of box)
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
What is for supper?? Eliminate this daily stress from your life! http://www.simplefamilysupper.com