Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

Last night I made pumpkin pancakes for the FIRST time ever... I hadn't ever even eaten pumpkin pancakes before! Have you ever had them?? Well, we enjoyed them and I will be making them again. My youngest, Nate, and I especially liked them.

Here is the recipe I used and below that you will find an extra easy recipe using bisquick (or any pancake mix)

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBL baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1 cup cooked pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs

Directions:
Mix together all the dry ingredients add remaining ingredients and stir till smooth. Cook in a greased skillet.

NOTE: These pancakes freeze well to be enjoyed again later!

EASY PUMPKIN PANCAKES


2 c. Bisquick
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/2 c. cooked pumpkin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine above ingredients and cook on griddle as other pancakes. Serve with butter, syrup or powdered sugar.



I also posted about these pancakes over on my Simple Family Supper facebook page... hop on over and check it out! If you haven't become a friend on this page I would love to have you join us!!

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

1 comment:

Barb J. said...

I love anything pumpkin, although I'm not sure the kids will. I may just have to give these a try though... they do love pancakes.