Chicken Lime Tacos
Crock Pot or Stove Top
1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken (breast or thigh)
¼ cup lime juice (concentrate is fine)
1/2 pkt taco seasoning
½-1 tsp chili powder (optional)
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
12 flour tortillas
Optional Toppings: Shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa
Stove Top Directions:
1) In a sauce pan cover chicken with water and boil the chicken for 10 minutes. Remove from water and shred meat.
2) Combine chicken and remaining ingredients (not the optional toppings) in a skillet and simmer for 15 minutes on LOW.
3) Serve with tortillas and optional toppings.
Crock Pot directions:
1) Place chicken, lime juice, chili powder and taco seasoning in crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW 5-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
2) Remove Chicken, cool slightly. Shred chicken meat and return to juices in the crock pot. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes until heated through. (OR you can use the stove and heat everything up in a skillet or put everything in a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave)
Optional toppings, salad, fruit
Simple Recipes, Family Time!!
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Simple Family Supper
Promote Your Page Too