Monday, March 9, 2009

Perfect FUDGY Brownies!

I have always preferred box mix brownies until I found THIS recipe!!!! Now we LOVE this one.... in fact I am getting ready to whip it up and thought I would post it real quick in case anyone else needs a chocolate fix! LOL!! I also made two loaves of celebration bread tonight. This time I made the dough and then instead of doing a four strand braid I rolled out the dough into a rectangle and then cut strips on the side. Down the middle I spread butter (real), sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. I crossed the strips of dough across the center and made a "filled braid". After baking I allowed to cool and then drizzled some glaze over the top. YUMMY! I know that these are not the healthiest kinds of baking, but for a TREAT they are great!

Perfect fudge brownies:
1 1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup cocoa (could use a little less)
1 tsp salt

Whisk together the oil, water, vanilla and sugar. Whisk in the eggs. Mix together the dry ingredients and then add to the sugar mixture. Spread the batter into a greased 9*13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (depending on your preference). YUMMY!!!

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sounds wonderful!! Will try these soon! Thanks for posting this recipe.