Monday, May 4, 2009

Legacy of love!

This is my Great Grandmother Ollie with my 3 year old Grandma Marjorie. This picture was taken in 1927! My grandmother is celebrating her 85th birthday this month and my sister, Melissa, and I are on photo duty. It has been a fun labor of love. I have learned so much about our family legacy. My family LOVES pictures.... even way back then! It is amazing how many OLD photos my grandma has of her family. I will admit we are a camera happy family whenever we get together.

(above) This is my grandmother holding her *new* baby! Baby Nila was her 5th and final baby... all girls! My Mom, Wanda, was their second daughter. Look at how sharp she looks... and so trim for just having a 10 lb baby!!

(above) My Grandfather, Wilbur, along with his bride of 50 years, Grandma Marge!! They celebrated their 50th the same year my husband and I got married. That is very special to me. My grandfather went to heaven just 6 months after this picture was taken. His legacy continues to live on!



Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

4 comments:

Leanne said...

awesome photos!

Samantha said...

I love pictures and old photos, such a sweet touching post, thanks for sharing !
Hugs and blessings to you dear friend.

tammi said...

What a wonderful look into the past, into the rich history of a loving family. Beautiful.

Erin said...

aww wow what a blessing. i love history like this