Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Growth

Spring, a time of new birth! A time of celebrating life!! Well, this week God has been stirring up in me some new life. Everywhere I turn I keep hearing the same message from God.... "Give me everything, lay down your life!" God has spoken to me in very real ways this week... through the wise words of others. I know I am not alone in this experience this week... Tammi and I have been on similar paths.

This morning as I lay sleepily in bed my heart turned to my morning prayers. I really enjoy laying there starting my day out in prayer. Today the Holy Spirit brought a familiar verse to my mind and opened up my eyes in a new way. Josh 24:15 "As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Yes, we are a christian home I replied to God... The it hit me..... "serve the Lord"..... not our own desires. Are we a household that lays down our desires to serve the Lord? Do I lay my life down to serve Him and to love my family? How self serving, selfish am I? Do I go through my day focused on ME and what I want to do/have/be/accomplish? Who am I really serving????

The quote from Kay Arther I heard on Monday will NOT leave my head... God has it on constant replay! To read the entire transcript from her message on Revive our Hearts go here.

Kay Arthur: The problem is, we want this world,

and enough of the Word to keep us out of trouble.

That’s not what it’s all about.

We’re called to a cross, and we forget that. We are called to say with Paul, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ [lives] in me” (Galatians 2:20, KJV).

YIKES!!!!! Is that me???? Do I want the world with enough of the WORD to keep me out of trouble?????????? Do I live with one foot in the world and one foot in the word?? How much of the world is in my life?

This morning I read a convicting post on surrender by David Wilkerson. Here is a quote from that article:
When we stand before God at the judgment, we won’t be judged by our ministries, achievements or number of converts. There will be but one measure of success on that day: Were our hearts fully surrendered to God? Did we lay aside our own will and agenda and take up his? Did we succumb to peer pressure and follow the crowd, or did we seek him alone for direction? Did we run from seminar to seminar looking for purpose in life, or did we find our fulfillment in him?

God is doing some work in my heart. I think I have some flesh to slay! This journey is ever so wonderful and challenging!!! Are you going through this, too?? God wants ALL of our life.... not just that parts we choose to give him!

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

2 comments:

tammi said...

AMEN! Man, you and I SO need to go for a long walk together, followed by a good "set" on the front porch....

Leanne said...

Thanks you for sharing this...it gave me A LOT to think about!
Leanne