Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It is official: My youngest two are most assuradly country boys...

This morning they were outside as soon as we finished up their home school pre-school. It was still fairly cold out (in the low 40's) so they put their insulated overalls on OVER their PJ's! (They needed baths, but why get clean before going out to get dirty, right??) OK... so they are BUSY playing, riding bikes, and playing in their straw bail fort. FUN, boy stuff!

I am in the kitchen when all of the sudden Nate (age 4.5) comes running in with the absolute BIGGEST smile on his face. "Mom, you know what we did?" I make some guesses and none of the usual are correct. "No, Mom" Nate tells me with the HUGE smile still on his face, "We POOPED in a bucket and dumped it in the cornfield!!! It was GREAT!!"

OK, I have to admit that my first thought wasn't one of horror of what he just reported, but my first thought was 'Wow, it is cold out there.... their little tooshes must have been freezing!' Then I just had to laugh.... "Next time, just come in." I instructed Nate. "But, Mom, it was GREAT!"
hmmmmmm....... They are truly their fathers boys.... Chris says that there is 'nothing like a good dump in the woods'!!!

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather

3 comments:

tammi said...

Haha, that's awesome! Kids are too funny. And hey, at least they didn't leave it somewhere you'd have to discover two weeks from now and clean up! (We actually kinda potty-trained our girls using this {ahem} "method." Worked like a charm!!)

PS. I think our husbands might have been seperated at birth...

Leanne said...

I must forward this to Dana...
he will find this hysterical!
thanks for the laugh!

Leslie said...

This is so funny! My son is 8 and still thinks its perfectly fine to pee outside. I don't think he could poop outside because he has to take all of his clothes off to go and he really would freeze! Boys are so funny and never grow up!!!