Chocolate Fudge Sheet Cake. I am making a special variation of my Oatmeal cake and mixed in apples and cranberries.... yummy!
It is an easy cake to mix up and always gets rave reviews. Here is the recipe if you ever want to whip one up!
Oatmeal Spice Cake with Carmel Sauce Topping
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
2 TBL molasses
OPTIONAL: 3 cups diced apples or cranberries (or mixture of both)
Caramel Topping Ingredients:
1/4 cup BUTTER (not any substitutes)
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 TBL milk
1) mix together all "wet" ingredients (oil, water eggs and molasses) and set aside
2) in large bowl stir together all "dry" ingredients( flour, oats, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices)
3) Thoroughly combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir in optional fruit.
4) Bake in a greased 9x13 pan for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
5) Pour warm caramel sauce over warm cake!
Caramel Sauce Directions:
1) melt together the butter, sugar and milk. Bring to simmer.
2) Pour over warm cake
Have a BLESSED day,
BE a BLESSING!