I whipped this up this evening to take with us for lunch at church tomorrow. We are having dinner after church with the pastor's family and a few others. Tomorrow is a special day for our family.... we are pledging our membership at church! This is a first for my husband and me..... we have never been members of a church before. We are so blessed to be a part of this wonderful congregation..... a true family in Christ!
This cake will easily serve 30 people. I made it with the chocolate frosting tonight, but the peanut butter frosting option is absolutely delish!
Chocolate Fudge Sheet CakeIngredients:
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups white sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup milk
1 TBL white vinegar (don't worry you won't taste it.... it reacts with the baking soda to make it rise)
1 cup oil
1 cup cola flavored soda (or any dark soda.... I have even used root beer and dr pepper)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a sheet cake/cookie sheet pan.
2) In a large mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients (the dry ones).
3) In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining 5 ingredients (the wet ones)
4) Pour the liquid mixture together with the dry ingredients and stir until completely mixed. Pour into prepared sheet pan.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Frost with either the chocolate frosting or peanut butter below. You can frost it while it is still hot or you can wait till it cools.... I love the flexibility of this cake!
1/2 cup buter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup cream or milk
3 1/2 -4 cups powdered sugar
1) in a saucepan combine butter, milk and cocoa powder. stir and cook till butter is melted.
2)Beat in powdered sugar
Peanut Butter frostingIngredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 TBL milk
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1)Melt together butter, peanut butter and milk
2) Beat in powdered sugar
Enjoy and I will admire your will power if you can just eat ONE piece of this cake!!
Have a BLESSED day,
BE a BLESSING!