Monday, February 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Granola

My real life friend, Melissa, told me about PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA! She led me to Hillbilly Housewife where I found the recipe my friend uses. I have since tweaked it to make it my own.... seriously, I just can't make a recipe without changing it up in one way or another!! I am a creative person to the core! I also wanted to add in some more protein and fiber. Below you will find the recipe as I make it.... LOVE it served with both milk or yogurt. I also really enjoy it with coconut sprinkled on top..... YUMMY!! Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Granola
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil (or a mixture)
  • 1/3 cup (natural) peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey (or brown sugar plus 1 TBL water)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup oat bran
  • 3/4 cup dry milk powder
Directions:

Begin by melting the butter (and or coconut oil) and peanut butter together in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the honey (or brown sugar and water), vanilla and salt. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and hot throughout. It doesn’t need to boil. Add the oats, oat bran and powdered milk. Stir until the oats are completely coated with the sticky gooey peanut butter mixture. It will be chunky. Turn the mixture into an un-greased cookie sheet, or a large 9 by 13-inch pan. Spread the granola out evenly and bake it at 375° for 10 minutes. It will be brown and crispy. Now remove it from the oven and allow it to cool right there in the pan. Break it up into pieces after it is cooled. Transfer the granola to a sealed jar or container. ENJOY!!!

Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!
Heather


No comments: