"Fall" is officially here, and although we have been enjoying the warmer than usual weather, I know that the snow will be flying soon. We have some "winter preparation" to do around here to get ready. We have started working on these things and need to keep focused.
5 things to get ready for winter:
1) Cut, split, haul and stack 10 + loads of firewood for our wood stove. (We heat 90% of the time with wood. It saves us a BUNDLE.) We try to work ahead a year.. to give the wood time to dry out. This weekend we cut, split, hauled and stacked 4 LARGE truck loads! We had great weather, the kids had fun and helped and it is a wonderful work-out!!!
2) Clean up the garden and flower beds and get them ready for next spring.
3) "Tighten up the Barn" Close up the windows, re-install the side door, close up the back opening, etc.... It really makes a difference on the draft level out there...
4) Put away all the hoses.... go back to using just the hydrant, put away the summer toys, clean out the sand box, etc... get the yard ready.
5) Buy ice salt, make sure that the snow shovels are ready, and start praying for a winter without much snow!! (OK, I think I am in trouble here because my kids pray for a TON of snow!)
What about you? What kinds of things do you do to get ready for winter??
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!