Garden growing?? Got a bunch of zucchini?? I found this fun recipe on allrecipes.com to use up some of the abundance... it is GREAT!!!! I'm telling you, it tastes like apple crisp. So until apple harvest we this is a wonderful way to use up the zucchini. Enjoy!!
- 8 cups cubed peeled zucchini
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, oats and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the zucchini mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender.
Have a BLESSED day, BE a BLESSING!